Type of Health Institution
Medalp Sportclinic Imst is a private health institution in the form of a special health institution with beds for accident surgery and orthopaedics.
Operator of the Health Institution
The company medalp zentrum für ambulante chirurgie Betriebs GmbH with registered office at Medalp Platz 1; A-6460 Imst., is the operator of the health institution.
Purpose and Objectives
(1) Medalp Sportclinic Imst serves the purpose of examining and treating persons who are in need of treatment and care in the institution in the below focus areas. This shall, in particular, include medical treatment and surgical interventions after sports accidents.
(2) The following range of services is offered by Medalp Sportclinic Imst:
conservative: curative treatment with bandages, ointment dressings, plaster casts and orthoses;
- wound care
- endoscopic surgeries on knee joints
- endoscopic surgeries on shoulder joints
- endoscopic surgeries on elbow joints
- endoscopic surgeries on ankle joints
- hand surgery
- surgeries of fractures of the hand skeleton
- surgeries of fractures of the lower extremity
- surgeries of fractures of the upper extremity
- plaster casts
- forefoot and hand surgeries
- endoscopic surgeries
- conservative orthopaedic treatments
The health institution has at its disposal the following facilities in the medical area:
There is no division into different departments. In particular, there are two operating theatres, one wake-up/IMCU room, one ward, treatment rooms, an X-ray area with digital radiography, MRT and CT at Medalp Sportclinic Imst.
(1) The operator of the health institution appoints a suitable person as administrative manager and, in case this person is prevented from carrying out his duties, a deputy for the commercial, personnel, administrative and technical matters of the institution is also appointed. The administrative manager shall be under the authority of the operator of the health institution and shall be bound by its instructions.
(2) The responsible management of the medical service of the health institution and the exercising of all duties connected to the medical treatment of patients shall be the responsibility of the medical director, Dr Alois Schranz, appointed by the operator of the health institution. A deputy has been appointed who will represent the medical director, namely Dr Manfred Lener.
(3) The responsible management of the nursing service as well as the exercising of all duties connected thereto shall be in the responsibility of the nursing service management appointed by the operator of the health institution.
(4) The medical management, nursing service management as well as administrative management together form the Joint Management. The Joint Management shall ensure that all relevant legal provisions as well as instructions of the bodies of the legal entity governing the hospital operations are complied with and shall inform the company management immediately about any deficiencies. In particular, the Joint Management shall be responsible for the performance of extensive quality assurance measures.
In accordance with the health care mandate, the Joint Management shall ensure high-quality medical, medical-technical and nursing treatment as well as appropriate accommodation of the patients.
All members of the Joint Management shall take into consideration their mutual positions in the course of exercising their functions and shall be obliged to cooperate closely and to provide each other with information. They shall organise their activities in a manner in which the uniform management of the health institution is ensured in the interests of the patients as well as in accordance with statutory regulations, the provisions of these Institution Regulations and the instructions of the operator of the health institution. If reaching an agreement within the Joint Management is required and this is not possible, the medical director shall temporarily decide on all matters in the medical areas in case of imminent danger.
(5) The operator of the health institution has appointed a hygiene officer for hygiene matters and a technical safety officer for all matters related to technical safety for the protection of patients.
(6) The operator of the health institution shall ensure that the members of the medical service, the medical staff and the administrative staff undergo further training measures.
The medical director is entrusted with responsible management of the medical service in the health institution and the duties related to medical examinations and treatments of patients. He shall be responsible towards the operator of the health institution for the performance of his tasks and is bound by its instructions, with the exception of medical matters. If the medical director is prevented from performing his duties, he is represented by the deputy medical director. He shall be authorised to issue the required and binding instructions in the course of his duties.
In particular, the medical director shall be responsible for the following tasks:
a) supervision of compliance with the statutory provisions and official orders applicable to the medical activities in the health institution;
b) monitoring of quality assurance measures in the medical area;
c) reporting in the course of his duties and consulting of the administrative director regarding the performance of his duties to the extent that they concern medical matters;
d) preparation of rotas for physicians in order to ensure proper medical treatment of the patients; supervision of the physicians and non-medical health care staff in order to ensure that patients only undergo medical treatment according to the principles and recognised methods of medical science as well as dealing with all matters to the extent they are medical specialist issues;
e) in cases of doubt, decision on the admission and discharge of patients and any duty to treat patients;
f) ensuring hospital hygiene and monitoring of all required hygienic measures in the health institution, without prejudice to the hygiene officer’s responsibility;
g) ensuring the fulfilment of urgent medical needs;
h) ensuring and monitoring the need for drugs and medication;
i) supervision of proper maintenance and storage of medical records;
j) supervision and ensuring that the staff functionally reporting to him undergo training, and further and advanced training;
k) ensuring that medical assistance is available within the institution at all times without delay.
Non-Medical Health Care Staff
(1) The higher health care and patient care service, higher medical-technical service, medical-technical specialist service, nursing service and paramedic service shall be performed subject to the instructions of the medical director and the instructions of the physicians to whom the services were allocated and shall be directly subordinated to the medical director and/or the attending physicians in medical matters.
(2) The members of the non-medical health care staff shall perform their activities diligently, accurately and in a timely manner and may only conduct such activities to which they are entitled under professional legislation.
(3) In particular, the patient-care staff shall be responsible for the care and support of hospitalised patients. For this purpose, the nursing service shall be organised in a manner in which at least one member of the higher service is on duty in the special health institution and is immediately available for the patients.
Nursing Service Management
The director of the nursing service shall be responsible for managing and coordinating the higher health care and patient care service as well as the staff of the paramedic service deployed in the area of the nursing service.
(5) In particular, the nursing service management shall have the following duties:
· monitoring and ensuring continuous, technically qualified care of patients;
· decisions on applicable nursing systems in agreement with the business management, determination of the nursing targets and ensuring the application of recognised nursing standards;
· planning, organising, coordinating, controlling and documenting all measures which relate to nursing;
· determination of suitability and professional assessment of the employees of the field of action;
· monitoring of proper service performance in nursing and in the operating range;
· regular participation in doctor’s visits, performance of nursing visits, examination of the duty logs, nursing documentation, etc.;
· decisions on the use of personnel and allocation of duties within the field of action, in accordance with the service post schedule;
· ensuring that the staff of the field of action undergo training, as well as further, advanced and special training;
· ensuring the smooth operation of the nursing service in the health institution and ensuring that certain nursing and care services are only performed by the persons who are entitled thereto based upon existing regulations.
In the course of such activities, the nursing service management shall be obliged to comply with the legal regulations and official orders and instructions and shall be entitled to issue the required orders in the course of its field of action.
(1) The administrative director shall be responsible for managing the operations of the institution regarding commercial, personnel, administrative and technical aspects. In the course thereof, he shall ensure that all facilities required for the operation of the institution are supervised and maintained by appropriate staff from a technical point of view and that the necessary staff are hired.
(2) In all matters which are within the scope of the responsibilities of the administrative director but which also concern the medical or non-medical health care field, agreement shall be reached with the medical director and any other functional staff which may be appointed.
(3) The administrative director shall ensure that corresponding personnel planning is performed and that the state government is informed about the results thereof on an annual basis. In coordination with the medical director, the administrative director shall ensure that the performance of quality assurance measures is guaranteed.
(4) The administrative director shall inform the non-medical staff about the secrecy obligation.
Hospital Hygienist / Hygiene Officer
(1) The physician appointed as hospital hygienist / hygiene officer shall propose to the operator of the hospital and the medical director all measures which are required or recommended for proper treatment of the patients of the health institution regarding hygiene. He shall be involved in all plans regarding new constructions, additions and alterations of the health institution.
(2) The hospital hygienist / hygiene officer shall also monitor compliance with the orders issued for hygienic reasons, remedy any deficiencies or faults related thereto and inform the operator of the health institution accordingly.
Technical Safety Officer
(1) In order to ensure technical safety and the smooth operation of the medical-technical devices and technical facilities used in the institution, the operator of the health institution shall appoint a technically suitable person as technical safety officer. This appointment shall be communicated to the state government.
(2) The technical safety officer shall examine or have examined the technical facilities of the health institution on a regular basis for the protection of the persons in treatment. Furthermore, he shall ensure removal of risks resulting from identified deficiencies as well as rectification of such deficiencies. The medical director and the administrative director shall immediately be informed about the result of the examination and/or deficiencies identified and the rectification thereof.
(3) In the course of his activities, the technical safety officer shall cooperate with the persons appointed for the protection of the life or health of persons in accordance with the provisions of the Radiation Protection Act and the Labour Protection Act.
(4) The technical safety officer shall consult the medical director and the administrative director regarding all issues related to operational safety and the smooth operation of the medical-technical facilities. He shall be involved in all plans regarding new constructions, additions and alterations of the health institution as well as in the procurement of medical-technical devices and technical facilities.
(1) All persons employed or acting as apprentices in the health institution shall be obliged to keep secret all circumstances regarding the health conditions of patients or regarding their personal, economic and other circumstances of which they become aware during the execution of their work or in the course of their apprenticeships.
(2) The secrecy obligation shall continue to apply after the termination of the employment relationship. Any removal of patient or personal data or of files outside the hospital as well as the sending of e-mails containing patient or personal data shall be forbidden, except under medical necessity. The employees shall be demonstrably informed about the secrecy obligation to which they are subject.
(2) The secrecy obligation shall not apply if, in individual cases, the disclosure of the secret is, in type and nature, justified by a public interest, in particular by interests of public healthcare or jurisdiction.
Rights of Patients
(1) All employees of the health institution shall be obliged to safeguard the rights of patients pursuant to Sec. 9a T-KAG [Tyrolean Health Institutions Act], in particular:
· the right to self-rule and consent to all treatments and examinations;
· any patient shall be, regardless of their sex, race, religion, illness, etc., treated equally in accordance with the status quo of medical science and recognised medical methods and must not be discriminated against;
· information about the rights to which they are entitled as well as their right to access to their medical history;
· the right to comprehensible and extensive information and clarification regarding the treatment options and treatment alternatives, including any risks as well as potential costs arising;
· the right to protection of their personal data and compliance with the secrecy obligation of the hospital staff and the staff of external companies as well as the right to use patients’ data for medical research purposes being possible only with the patients’ written consent;
· involvement of the patients’ persons of trust regarding medical information in the form of a physician entitled to independently work as a physician, if this is desired by the patient;
· sufficient visitation time and opportunities for contact with the outside world and with the patients’ persons of trust; in case of a lasting deterioration of their health condition, persons of trust must be able to contact the patients outside of the visitation times as well;
ensuring psychological support at the patient’s request;
· sufficient protection of the patients’ personal space in the hospital rooms and other facilities, in particular in the reception unit, in the shock room and in the course of surgery;
· meeting all medical needs of the patient by a physician entitled to independently work as a physician in addition to the provision of technical services;
· patients, relatives, persons of trust and visitors shall be entitled to state requests and complaints. The employees who receive such complaints shall forward them to the competent body (Complaint Management) so that the appropriate measures can be taken;
· each patient shall have the right to give declarations of intent in advance by means of which they can request that treatment or certain treatment methods are not applied in case they lose their capacity to act. Each patient shall be informed about this right. Such declarations of intent communicated by the patients shall be complied with;
· in order to examine any complaints and in order to safeguard the interests of the patients, independent patient representation is available at the Office of the Tyrolean State Government;
· the right to take along assistance dogs and therapy support dogs (guide dogs, service dogs, hearing dogs) pursuant to Sec. 39a of the Federal Law for Disabled Persons in the areas envisaged for this purpose only, i.e. only in the entrance area and/or outside area. Beyond that, it is forbidden to take along assistance and therapy support dogs for hygienic reasons. For persons who depend on the help of assistance and therapy support dogs, the hospital will ensure that they are supported on site.
Provisions on the Treatment of Complaints by Nurslings, their Relatives or their Persons of Trust
In case of complaints by nurslings, their relatives or their persons of trust, the Attachment to the Institution Regulations shall be complied with.
General Service Duties
(1) The persons employed or acting as apprentices in the health institution shall perform the tasks allocated to them in a diligent manner. They shall act considerately, politely and helpfully towards the patients and at the same time respect the patients’ personal space. Smoking is forbidden in the examination and treatment rooms.
(2) The staff of the health institution are responsible towards the operator of the health institution for the proper and diligent performance of the duties allocated to them. This shall not affect liability under civil and criminal legislation for breaches of duties.
House Rules (Behaviour of the Patients and Visitors)
(1) The instructions of the physicians and authorised employees shall be followed in the interests of patient treatment and orderly operating procedures.
(2) All facilities of the health institution shall be used with care and kept clean.
(3) No animals are allowed in the health institution.
(4) The institution shall not assume any liability for clothes, laundry and other everyday objects brought along by patients. Money, valuable objects and the like can be deposited with the administration office with confirmation of receipt.
(5) In general, smoking is forbidden in the health institution, with the exception of the room expressly intended for this purpose.
(6) The patients shall have a right to protection of their individual personality rights and to information and consultation.
(7) Regarding complaints by patients, reference may be made to the Attachment (Complaints Management).
(8) Animals are not allowed in the health institution – however, this shall not apply to assistance and therapy dogs as defined in the Federal Law for Disabled
Persons in the areas intended for this purpose, unless this is impossible for hygiene reasons.
Provisions on the Treatment of Complaints by Nurslings, their Relatives or their Persons of Trust
The below provisions shall apply to all employees of a health institution faced with complaints by nurslings, their relatives or their persons of trust.
I. Complaints Addressed to the Health Institution (Internal Complaints Management of the Hospital)
date of the conversation, interlocutor, more information on the contents of the complaint (incl. time parameters of the treatment), contact details of the complainant, signature of the recipient of the complaint.
II. Complaints Addressed to the Tyrolean Patient Representation:
Complaints addressed to the independent Tyrolean Patient Representation can be directly filed with this Representation and/or via the health institution. In the health institution, complaints are received by Dr Schranz or, if he is absent, by Dr Lener. Reference is made to points 1.1. and 1.2.
If complaints addressed to the Tyrolean Patient Representation are directly filed with the health institution, such complaints shall be accepted pursuant to Sec. 13e para. 2 Tir KAG and immediately forwarded to the Tyrolean Patient Representation through the administrative director and/or – in case of Sec. 16 para. 4 Tir KAG – through the operator of the health institution (unless this is not desired by the complainant).
Unbedingt erforderliche Cookies ermöglichen grundlegende Funktionen und sind für die einwandfreie Funktion der Website erforderlich. Daher kann man sie nicht deaktivieren. Diese Art von Cookies wird ausschließlich von dem Betreiber der Website verwendet (First-Party-Cookie) und sämtliche Informationen, die in den Cookies gespeichert sind, werden nur an diese Website gesendet.
Cookielaw Dieses Cookie zeigt das Cookie-Banner an und speichert die Cookie-Einstellungen des Besuchers. Anbieter: Jimdo GmbH, Stresemannstrasse 375, 22761 Hamburg, Deutschland. Cookie-Name: ckies_cookielaw Cookie-Laufzeit: 1 Jahr Cookie-Richtlinie: https://www.jimdo.com/de/info/cookies/policy/ Datenschutzerklärung: https://www.jimdo.com/de/info/datenschutzerklaerung/
Jimdo Control Cookies Steuerungs-Cookies zur Aktivierung der vom Website-Besucher ausgewählten Dienste/Cookies und zur Speicherung der entsprechenden Cookie-Einstellungen. Anbieter: Jimdo GmbH, Stresemannstraße 375, 22761 Hamburg, Deutschland. Cookie-Namen: ckies_*, ckies_postfinance, ckies_stripe, ckies_powr, ckies_google, ckies_cookielaw, ckies_ga, ckies_jimdo_analytics, ckies_fb_analytics, ckies_fr Cookie-Laufzeit: 1 Jahr Cookie-Richtlinie: https://www.jimdo.com/de/info/cookies/policy/ Datenschutzerklärung: https://www.jimdo.com/de/info/datenschutzerklaerung/
Funktionelle Cookies ermöglichen dieser Website, bestimmte Funktionen zur Verfügung zu stellen und Informationen zu speichern, die vom Nutzer eingegeben wurden – beispielsweise bereits registrierte Namen oder die Sprachauswahl. Damit werden verbesserte und personalisierte Funktionen gewährleistet.
POWr.io Cookies Diese Cookies registrieren anonyme, statistische Daten über das Verhalten des Besuchers dieser Website und sind verantwortlich für die Gewährleistung der Funktionalität bestimmter Widgets, die auf dieser Website eingesetzt werden. Sie werden ausschließlich für interne Analysen durch den Webseitenbetreiber verwendet z. B. für den Besucherzähler. Anbieter: Powr.io, POWr HQ, 340 Pine Street, San Francisco, California 94104, USA. Cookie Namen und Laufzeiten: yahoy_unique_[unique id] (Laufzeit: Sitzung), POWR_PRODUCTION (Laufzeit: Sitzung), ahoy_visitor (Laufzeit: 2 Jahre), ahoy_visit (Laufzeit: 1 Tag), src (Laufzeit: 30 Tage) Security, _gid Persistent (Laufzeit: 1 Tag). Cookie-Richtlinie: https://www.powr.io/privacy Datenschutzerklärung: https://www.powr.io/privacy
Die Performance-Cookies sammeln Informationen darüber, wie diese Website genutzt wird. Der Betreiber der Website nutzt diese Cookies um die Attraktivität, den Inhalt und die Funktionalität der Website zu verbessern.
Jimdo Statistics Die sog. Jimdo Statistikfunktion ist eine Tracking-Technologie, basierend auf Google Analytics, welche von der Jimdo GmbH betrieben wird. Anbieter: Jimdo GmbH, Stresemannstrasse 375, 22761 Hamburg, Deutschland. Cookie-Namen und Laufzeiten: ckies_jimdo_analytics (Laufzeit: 2 Jahre), __utma (Laufzeit: 2 Jahre), __utmb (Laufzeit: 30 Minuten), __utmc (Laufzeit: Sitzung), __utmz (Laufzeit: 6 Monate), __utmt_b (Laufzeit: 1 Tag), __utm[unique ID] (Laufzeit: 2 Jahre), __ga (Laufzeit: 2 Jahre), __gat (Laufzeit: 1 Min), __gid (Laufzeit: 24 Stunden), __ga_disable_* (Laufzeit: 100 Jahre). Cookie-Richtlinie: https://www.jimdo.com/de/info/cookies/policy/ Datenschutzerklärung: https://www.jimdo.com/de/info/datenschutzerklaerung/
Google Analytics Diese Cookies sammeln zu Analysezwecken anonymisierte Informationen darüber, wie Nutzer diese Website verwenden. Anbieter: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA oder Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland, wenn Sie in der EU ansässig sind. Cookie-Namen und Laufzeiten: __utma (Laufzeit: 2 Jahre), __utmb (Laufzeit: 30 Minuten), __utmc (Laufzeit: Sitzung), __utmz (Laufzeit: 6 Monate), __utmt_b (Laufzeit: 1 Tag), __utm[unique ID] (Laufzeit: 2 Jahre), __ga (Laufzeit: 2 Jahre), __gat (Laufzeit: 1 Min), __gid (Laufzeit: 24 Stunden), __ga_disable_* (Laufzeit: 100 Jahre). Cookie-Richtlinie: https://policies.google.com/technologies/cookies Datenschutzerklärung: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Marketing- / Third Party-Cookies stammen unter anderem von externen Werbeunternehmen und werden verwendet, um Informationen über die vom Nutzer besuchten Websites zu sammeln, um z. B. zielgruppenorientierte Werbung für den Benutzer zu erstellen.
Facebook Analytics Hierbei handelt es sich um eine Tracking-Technologie, die den sogenannten "Facebook-Pixel" vom sozialen Netzwerk Facebook verwendet und für die Analyse der Website, die Ausrichtung der Werbung, die Messung der Werbung und Facebook Custom Audiences eingesetzt wird. Anbieter: Facebook Inc, 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA oder Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Irland, wenn Sie in der EU ansässig sind. Cookie Namen: _fbp, fr Cookie Laufzeit: 90 Tage Cookie-Richtlinie: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies Datenschutzerklärung: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Cookies werden zur Benutzerführung und Webanalyse verwendet und helfen dabei, diese Webseite zu verbessern. Durch die weitere Nutzung dieser Webseite erklären Sie sich mit unserer Cookie-Police einverstanden.